Covid-19 hit us all very hard this 2020. Like many business, we had to close our doors in early 2020 and had to rethink how / when we reopen. After months of researching, I'm proud to say that we're ready to reopen and provide you wonderful ladies and couples with an amazing experience.
One of the lovely things about boudoir is that it’s small-scale and intimate -- there are no crowds or extra people around. The only people present at my boudoir shoots are you, me, my assistant and a hair and makeup artist. I’m taking extra precautions right now to make sure that boudoir is a healthy and safe place for you. These include:
1) We'll be wearing a mask throughout our whole session day! I'll also be keeping more space between us.
2) We'll take our temperature the day before and the morning of a session. I'll reschedule with you if I or anyone on my team have a fever, cough, or am otherwise feeling ill. I ask you to do the same! And if you find that you become ill in the next couple weeks, please let me know too.
3) Our shooting locations will be stocked with tissues and hand sanitizers for you to use.
4) We're skipping the hugs… come air high-five with me instead! Our goal is to keep as much physical distance between us as possible.
5) Giving clients specific, clear directions on how to adjust their own hair, clothing, and postures throughout the shoot instead of doing it myself.
6) Deep cleaning and sanitizing the studio after every client meeting or photoshoot in the studio (using cleaning supplies that are in compliance with CDC, OSHA, and MDH recommendations).
7) Our hair and makeup artists are are also insuring they're healthy before the session, wearing a mask and shield during the session, and sanitizing everything thing they use in between sessions. Some clients are opting to skip hair/makeup styling for sessions if it helps them feel safer, which is totally acceptable.
8) We are depending on zoom more where we can. We're offering virtual meetings for pre-session consultations, for image premiere and ordering sessions.
9) We are cleaning and laundering all bedding and blankets after each client. This is a standard protocol but we're expanding the process to now include rugs, pillows, duvets if used.
We will continue to update our operating guidelines as state/local officials share updates for small businesses.
Overall, please know that keeping you safe is super important to us, so we're resuming sessions very intentionally and thoughtfully. With these adjustments in mind, we feel really confident that we'll be able to create the same amazing boudoir experience that we've always been proud to share with clients - just with a few extra precautions in place.